- Get a good book! There are several suggestions on the Literature page here on the course web.
- Try John Resig's interactive learn JS app, which digs deeper into the functional side of things.
The RIA course focuses mostly on best practices regarding code organisations which means that you don't have to know all the weird ins and outs of the language. However, if you aren't comfortable with the basics, having a high-level discussion about best practices becomes really hard, so we strongly recommend you to set some time aside to get up to speed if that is the case.
~~This is a collection of small educational snippets that we create in the course. They are stored as shared files in our Slack channel, but since that only holds a finite number of entries we also publish them here. If you have created a JS-bin (or similar) snippet you want to share, fork this document and make a PR!
- Understanding function context
- Different syntaxes for defining a method
- React component rendering depending on prop values ~~
Code snippets have now been promoted to a feature on the guild! Go to the Deeds page to find them!