Welcome to the online course Web Intelligence with course code 2DV515. Here you can find all necessary information to get started with the course. Don’t hesitate to contact the staff (preferably on Slack) if you have any questions!
We who work on the course are:
- Fredrik Ahlgren, course manager. Contact Fredrik if you have any questions regarding course management, enrollment, registrations, reporting of grades, etc.
- Johan Hagelbäck, main lecturer. Contact Johan if you have any questions regarding course contents, lectures, assignments or project, or web intelligence in general.
- Mats Loock, assisting lecturer. Contact Mats if you have any questions regarding GitLab.
The best way to contact the staff is on Slack. Fredrik and Mats have offices at Universitetskajen in Kalmar. Johan is primarily working as an AI specialist in the industry and does not have an office at the university.
About the course
The course is mostly a self study course. There are 7 pre-recorded lectures (including the course introduction) you can watch at your own pace, and 4 assignments and a project you have to submit. There are deadlines for when the assignments and project shall be finished, but if you for some reasons miss any deadline there will be a resubmission opportunity in January. All deadlines and instructions for submissions can be found here.
The prerequisites for the course is 60 credits in computer science or equivalent. The course is open for applicants from other universities than Linnéuniversitetet. If you haven’t studied at Linnéuniversitetet, the admissions office have to check if your credits match the prerequisites for the course. The admissions office are often inclusive rather than exclusive, and if you have limited programming experience you must be prepared to work very hard to pass the course. The course requires advanced programming skills and is suitable for second or third year computer science/computer technology students.
The primary communication channel in the course is Slack. Create an account at coursepress.slack.com and join the channel #2DV515. Note that you must sign up with your lnu.se student email address. You need to get Slack working before the oral examinations.
If you need supervision you contact Johan on Slack and we’ll find a time slot. Meetings take place preferably online on Slack. Make sure you take advantage of the opportunity for supervision as the assignments and project can be quite challenging.
If you study at another university and have never studied at Linnéuniversitetet before, you need to go through a few steps:
- Obtain a student account (go to lnu.se/utbildning/innan-du-borjar) in order to be able to log in to lnu.se/student which will give you access to information, see your credits, get access to internet and much more.
- Registration/confirmation that you will actually take the course that you have been accepted to.
Where do I start?
Start by looking at the introduction and first lectures, and then start working on the first assignment. Deadline is two weeks from course start!
Also, don’t forget to register for the course before registration closes! If you don’t register you cannot submit assignments at the course room in MyMoodle.